No Job Too Tough...
North Queensland Diving and Salvage (CDS) is a Cairns Queensland founded company established over 25 years ago as a small commercial diving operation.
Now CDS is established as a business that is able to support multifaceted and remote diving operations with a professional team.
CDS strives to be the best provider of general underwater construction and salvaging in the Queensland and the Torres Straits. With a team of certified divers, qualified trade staff and an experienced support network CDS aim to fully satisfying our customers by meeting or exceeding their needs and expectations by providing high standard operations within designated time frame.
CDS objective is to continually improve the service we provide to meet our client’s requirements and to complete projects that we can justifiably be proud of.
CDS Quality Policy is defined and strongly driven by the following management principles and behaviours:
- Build a mutually profitable relationship with our customers, ensuring their long-term success, through the understanding of their needs and the needs of their customers as well
- Achieve our commitments for quality, cost, and schedule
- Enhance the systematic research and use of best preventive practices at all levels and ensure reliable risk management
- Drive continual improvement and innovation based upon efficient business processes, well-defined measurements, best practices, and customer surveys
- Develop staff competencies, empowerment and accountability through appropriate development programs and show strong management involvement and commitment
Providing High Standard Operations Within a Designated Time Frame
CDS undertake annual independent external audits on our quality management system as part of approvals for ISO certification.
We repeatedly assessment and update our operating procedures to guarantee we are observing to the latest safety and quality assurance requirements within the diving industry.
Commercial Diving Services conducts all operational activity in accordance with the following standards:
- Quality Management System Standard AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018
- Occupational Diving Operations Part 1 - Standard Operational Practice AS/NZS/2299/1/2015
- Occupational Diving Work Code of Practice 2005
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011
- All dive personnel are trained to ADAS Part 2.
Salvage operations comply with the various Federal and State legislation, including the Navigation Act 2018, National Standards for Commercial vessels and when operating within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (GBRMP) all legislative requirements including Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act,
CDS have a solid reputation within the North Queensland, Torres Strait and the Gulf of Carpentaria as a commercial diving and salvage company. This has been achieved through diligent consideration of the environmental aspect of every contract, including numerous operations within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The associated government departments know they can rely on CDS to undertake all operations with no or minimal impact to the environment. All projects are environmentally risk assessed to demonstrate to the client that sound environmental planning has been undertaken to regulate and monitor the impact of the project on the surrounding area.